About The Role
You will work closely very with our Outbase Manager and operational staff on a daily basis to make sure that the Outbase runs smoothly and that each and every one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time. You will work very closely with the routing team at our Head Office and provide continual support to the Self Employed Drivers throughout their day, dealing with any issues that might arise.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our Transport Admin will ensure that the daily Outbase operation runs effectively at all times. You will provide on-going support to our Drivers in making sure that deliveries throughout their day are efficiently completed, on time, every time whilst remaining legally compliant with Transport legislation and working time directives. Our customer is at the heart of everything we do and through your support to our Outbase Manager, your colleagues and the Self Employed Drivers you will be a part in making that happen. You will;
- Communicate with the Transport Briefers to ensure that no vehicles classed as off the road are used.
- Update daily reports for the Outbase and log any issues.
- Managing returning vehicle defects
- Fleet allocation
- Communicate with the Driver’s ensuring that any statements and paperwork is completed at the earliest opportunity
- Communicating with Shunter’s and Trunk Drivers making sure that the vehicles and trailers are allocated to the right locations
- Controlling the fuel card’s - issuing and reporting any lost or stolen to ensure that
- Record and communicate out any issues to the Transport team.
A Few Things About You
What will I be expected to deliver?
* Maximise on quality, time and cost by ensuring that all vehicles are loaded efficiently, within legal and safety guidelines
* Support with performance on agreed KPI’s
* Smooth running of the night time operation
You need to be able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must be smart enough to think on your feet and have a passion to drive our performance paying careful attention to the service we deliver for our customers. You will be enthusiastic and driven towards achieving high standards of quality and be bold enough to make key decisions quickly and trust your own judgement in the absence of the Outbase Manager.
* An in-depth understanding of transport legislation and logistics operations
* Experience of working to tight deadlines
* Experience of working in a transport/logistics environment with daily fluctuating workloads
* Able to react quickly to information, helping solve any challenges to routes
- Able to remain calm and focussed under time pressure
* Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
* Able to communicate effectively especially by email and phone
* Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks
* PC literate, particularly Microsoft Packages
* Experience using in-house transport management systems is an advantage
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.