About The Role
You will work very closely with our Outbase Manager and operational staff on a daily basis to make sure that the Outbase runs smoothly and that each and every one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time. You will work very closely with the routing team at our Head Office and provide continual support to the Self Employed Drivers throughout their day, dealing with any issues that might arise.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our Transport Administrator will ensure that the daily Outbase operation runs effectively at all times. You will provide on-going support to our Drivers in making sure that their runs are efficiently completed, on time and remaining legally compliant with Transport legislation and working time directives. Our customer is at the heart of everything we do and through your support to our Outbase Manager and Self Employed Drivers you will be a part in making that happen. You will;
- Talk to our routers regarding delivery routes and help to build routes and schedules for our trunking vehicles
- Make decisions on what products and loads are allocated to which trailer, and in what order they should be loaded
- Build pick-lists and agree time limits based on the people resources and order volume for the night
- Liaise with all contacts in the outbases to help keep them informed of any issues and help them with any queries that they might have
- Run pick sheets and double decker trailer product maps and send them to the outbases ready for transhippers
- Administer all last minute route or pick changes for next day orders
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
- Maximise on quality, time and cost by ensuring that all vehicles are loaded as efficiently as can be, within legal and safety guidelines
- Support with performance on agreed KPI’s
A Few Things About You
You need to be able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must smart enough to think on your feet and have a passion to drive our performance paying careful attention to the service we deliver for our customers. You have to be bold enough to make key decisions quickly and trust your own judgement in the absence of the Operations Manager.
- An in-depth understanding of warehouse operations
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of working in a transport/logistics or warehouse an environment with daily fluctuating workloads
- Able to analyse information quickly to help to build routes and vehicle loading plans
- Able to remain calm and focussed under time pressure
- Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
- Able to communicate effectively especially by email and phone
- Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks
- Has an analytical mind
- PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
- Can use Excel to intermediate or advanced level
- Experience using in-house warehouse or transport management systems
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.