About The Role
Working as part of the Contact Centre Training Team, the Training Specialist will have expertise in learning through a variety of methods including digital and the training cycle.
Experience in customer service and sales contact centre, core sales soft skills and communication skills training is also a must, coupled with a high level of systems and product knowledge. They will be able to communicate effectively within large group training to enhance individual’s knowledge and drive successful learning outcomes. Working within a team, the Training Specialist will demonstrate passion and creativity towards improving the impact of training solutions to support the L&D Strategy, while focused on the overall customer experience
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Design and deliver inductions in line with business needs to meet required objectives using innovative and dynamic methods of delivery
- Keep abreast of the L&D world outside of AO to recommend innovative solutions that might be appropriate
- Identify and work with the business stakeholders to understand their needs for induction and development including the long-term vision and impact
- Drive the development of participants attending training through support and consultation with them and their managers
- Measure the impact and effectiveness of all programmes using a robust evaluation process
- Communicate successes to key stakeholders
- Review and alter development activities in line with evaluation, ensuring they are continually aligned to business objectives
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across the group to ensure aligned thinking and effective performance
- Work on specialised projects and support learning design where appropriate to satisfy the needs of the business
- Effectively prioritise and deliver several projects simultaneously
- Understand the L&D vision and strategy and contribute to the development and delivery of the team plans
A Few Things About You
- Be an ambassador for the learning and development team and its various initiatives
- Regularly meet with key stakeholders to discuss and review current status and build plans for future development activities.
- Consistently align all activities to the objectives of the programmes and measure them to assess whether they are meeting expectations
- Proactively share knowledge and keep L&D management up to date on any important movements and information
- Use data, knowledge, and experience to influence thinking and make decisions
- Establish yourself as the subject-matter expert and a key influencer for training
- Design innovative and engaging training solutions that challenge the ordinary to suit the AO way
- Share knowledge with the team, gained through continual self-development practices
- Your customers work evenings and weekends therefore there is an expectation that you support the business to deliver training during evenings and weekends when necessary.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.