About The Role
We are seeking a highly motivated Trailer Repair Technician to join our growing Vehicle Maintenance unit.
In return for you living our values we provide
* Excellent internal development opportunities; get in and get on.
* Employee discount and a growing list of other perks
* Pension Plan and a whole lot more….
We are looking for a committed and skilled individual with a strong background in trailer repair.
* Two Shifts available (12:00pm - 00:00 or 20:00pm - 8:00am)
* 4 on 4 off
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our successful candidate must hold a clean driving licence and desirable have experience in working in a similar environment.
This is what you can be expected to be doing;
- To repair trailer curtains with rips and tears.
- Bulb & Mirror Changes
- Buckle & Strap Replacements
- To repair/replace damaged flooring on HGV trailers.
- General repairs to the HGV trailer fleet
- General maintenance of the AO Logistics fleet - identifying faults, making improvements, keeping accurate records, exceeding demanding quality and safety standards.
- To be aware of and adhere to all necessary company standards and Health and Safety procedures.
- Recording all repairs and parts that have been used.
- Full driving licence required
A Few Things About You
Our ideal candidate will be able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you, even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must be bold enough to challenge any vehicle issues or damages whilst being smart enough to think on your feet. You will be passionate about the role and be driven to push our fleets’ performance forward.
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.