About The Role
We are currently seeking to recruit Vehicle Maintenance Assistants (VMU) to take over from our late shift technicians and provide essential cover until our day shift begins. The first 2 weeks will be spent with our late shift doing the below tasks and providing you with on the job training if required.
On a day to day basis you can expect to be repairing all damages that may occur to the trailers using your knowledge to find the correct method to repair. Our fleet includes light commercial, HGV’s, conventional and double decker trailers. We are looking for somebody who has a can do attitude whilst completing work to a high standard in a busy, fast-pasted environment.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our successful candidate must hold a clean driving licence. A trailer repair background will be desired but not essential but a similar working environment or experience would be a bonus. This is what you can be expected to be doing;
- To repair trailer curtains with rips and tears.
- Bulb & Mirror Changes
- Buckle & Strap Replacements
- To repair / replace damaged flooring on HGV trailers.
- General repairs to the HGV trailer fleet
- General maintenance of the AO Logistics fleet - identifying faults, making improvements, keeping accurate records, exceeding demanding quality and safety standards.
- To be aware of and adhere to all necessary company standards and Health and Safety procedures.
- Recording all repairs and parts that have been used.
- Full driving licence required
A Few Things About You
Our successful candidate will be able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you, even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must be bold enough to challenge any vehicle issues or damages whilst being smart enough to think on your feet. You will be passionate about the role and be driven to push our fleets’ performance forward.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.