About The Role
There has never been a better time to join AO. We are experiencing a rapid phase of growth in our mobile business and have exciting plans. If you are a customer obsessed self-starter with passion to break boundaries and deliver best in class customer propositions and experience, then you need look no further.
As Trading Manager, you will support the Senior Category Manager in driving growth across all mobile categories, including new contract, upgrades, and sim only. This role involves the management of Pricing Executives; helping them to develop by providing day to day support.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Take responsibility for the end-to-end pricing process, ensuring trading objectives are met and changes are executed in a timely and accurate manner
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of commercial framework and identify opportunities to use data more effectively to inform pricing decisions and find ways to improve the efficiency of the team
- Contribute to the development of quarterly trading plans, forecasting sales/margins and other KPI’s
- Produce and maintain a rolling sales forecast to help inform network pricing and purchasing decisions
- Develop and maintain a suite of trading reports to inform category performance and insight
- Provide support on projects and actively look to drive pricing, proposition, and website capability
A Few Things About You
· Currently operating as a Trading Manager, Category Manager, or similar roles
· Experience working in a Matrix pricing and/or consumer mobile business is highly desirable
· Experience leading and developing a high performing team is essential
· Strong commerciality, ability to learn quickly, and confidence to respectfully challenge received wisdom
· Highly numerate, an acute attention to detail, and a natural ability to use data to identify opportunities
· Advanced Excel skills are essential, experience working with Oracle and Access databases is desirable
· A curiosity, passion, and desire to understand and improve complex systems and processes
· Self-motivated, strong collaboration skills, and a willingness to go above and beyond for the team
· Highly tenacious, an ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and work within tight timescales.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.