About The Role
There’s never been a better time to join AO Mobile! We’re experiencing huge growth in our mobile business working with some of the biggest global brands - Apple, Samsung and Google to name just a few!
As Trading Manager, you will drive growth across the mobile category on Mobile Phones Direct, leading the pricing team and strategy, advising on trading developments and coordinating trade marketing plans internally and with external partners.
This role is pivotal to the success of mobile as a category across both AO Group brands, Mobile Phones Direct , the largest independent consumer mobile retailer and AO.com, the UK’s most trusted electrical retailer.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Work with the Senior Management team to develop Trading objectives and strategies.
- Lead the day to day trading team to excellence by way of setting out clear objectives and collaborating on strategy across all mobile categories.
- Set and own the trading plan and calendar in line with commercial objectives across email, social and sitewide. This will include pricing and promotion strategies, sales events etc.
- Collaborate with buying and product teams to execute an effective trading strategy, including product pricing and promotion strategies to maximise sales and margins.
- Co-ordinate trading plans with external partners (networks and manufacturers) and internal teams, maximising investment opportunities
- Utilise analytics tools to track and interpret sales data, customer behaviour and key performance indicators (KPIs). Use this data to make informed decisions and adjust strategies as needed.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to plan and execute digital marketing campaigns, including email marketing, paid advertising, and social media initiatives.
- Keep an eye on competitors, their strategies, and market trends. Adjust strategies to maintain a competitive edge.
- Manage and lead a small team of Trading Execs
A Few Things About You
- You’ll have brilliant commercial acumen with a deep understanding of market dynamics, pricing, and cost structures
- Curious mindset, with experience of influencing change for growth
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with internal teams and external suppliers
- You’ll be adaptable, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with ever-changing priorities and deadlines
- Experience leading and developing a high performing team
- Highly numerate with great attention to detail, and a natural ability to use data to identify opportunities
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- Our Value Creation Plan; We've created a unique long term bonus plan for every AOer to share in our success, giving you the opportunity of an exceptional reward in return for exceptional business performance.
- Holidays; 25 days, plus bank holidays (increasing to 27 days after 2 years with us!)
- Pension; Contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same, giving you a little extra support for the future.
- Be a VIP at the AO Arena; we have loads of opportunities to win free tickets and pre-sale access!
- Health & wellbeing; discounted gym membership, an onsite spa and our Help @ Hand scheme giving you access to virtual GP’s, Mental Health support and much more.
- Discounts; exclusive discounts across our product range.
- Family leave; Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave.
- Making a difference; 2 fully paid days a year to donate your time to any charity of your choice.
- On site perks; start your day with free on site parking, grabbing a complimentary breakfast and a coffee at our subsidised Starbucks!
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.