A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to AO.com’s unique way of managing marketing relationships with manufacturer partners. Working alongside big brands such as Microsoft, HP and Acer, you will play a critical role in the development of an ‘always on’ customer lifecycle approach to the customer journey.
Working within the marketing team, the Trade Marketing Executive will be the lead contact for a number of key strategic partners. Success will be achieved through developing a deep understanding of the strategic objectives, products and target audience of the partner brands as well has how this relates to AO.com’s business objectives and the industry as a whole.
Internal relationship building, excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail will be required.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Continuously measure campaign performance, challenge the status quo and deliver regular updates to the Commercial and Marketing teams.
- Work with the ao.com customer insight and web analytics teams to identify and clearly communicate customer segments, trends, patterns and behaviour.
- Write and communicate project briefs and timelines to ensure copy writing, design, development, acquisition and retention teams have the correct information and time to create high-quality deliverables.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and appropriate application of digital marketing principles across acquisition, conversion and customer retention
- Deliver multi-channel marketing campaigns ensuring all projects are delivered as specified, on time and on budget.
- Shape and deliver a calendar of marketing activities, taking into account trading objectives, seasonality and manufacturer advertising campaigns.
- Serve as the main point of contact for our strategic partners’ marketing teams, maintain and grow relationships and coordinate joint marketing activities.
- Develop a deep understanding of our partner brands’ strategic objectives, key USPs, technologies and products, as well as an understanding of how they relate to other products and brands within the marketplace.
A Few Things About You
Marketing or related degree and at least two years of experience in digital marketing.
Excellent relationship builder with an ability to communicate and deliver complex presentations to stakeholders at all levels.
Strategic thinker with strong commercial acumen and understanding of the dynamics of an online retail business.
"Let’s go" spirit and willingness to develop professionally.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.