About The Role
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to AO.com’s unique way of managing marketing relationships with manufacturer partners. Working alongside big brands such as Microsoft, HP and Acer, you will play a critical role in the development of an ‘always on’ customer lifecycle approach to the customer journey.
Working within the marketing team, the Marketing Executive will be the lead contact for a number of key strategic partners. Success will be achieved through developing a deep understanding of the strategic objectives, products and target audience of the partner brands as well has how this relates to AO.com’s business objectives and the industry as a whole.
Internal relationship building, excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail will be required.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Develop a deep understanding of our partner brands’ strategic objectives, key USPs, technologies and products, as well as an understanding of how they relate to other products and brands within the marketplace.
- Serve as the main point of contact for our strategic partners’ marketing teams, maintain and grow relationships and coordinate joint marketing activities.
- Shape and deliver a calendar of marketing activities, taking into account trading objectives, seasonality and manufacturer advertising campaigns.
- Deliver multi-channel marketing campaigns ensuring all projects are delivered as specified, on time and on budget.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and appropriate application of digital marketing principles across acquisition, conversion and customer retention
- Write and communicate project briefs and timelines to ensure copy writing, design, development, acquisition and retention teams have the correct information and time to create high-quality deliverables.
- Work with the ao.com customer insight and web analytics teams to identify and clearly communicate customer segments, trends, patterns and behaviour.
- Continuously measure campaign performance, challenge the status quo and deliver regular updates to the Commercial and Marketing teams.
A Few Things About You
- 2 years of experience in digital marketing would be a huge advantage
- Excellent relationship builder with an ability to communicate and deliver complex presentations to stakeholders at all levels.
- Strategic thinker with strong commercial acumen and understanding of the dynamics of an online retail business.
- "Let’s go" spirit and willingness to develop professionally.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.