Trade Marketing Account Manager
About The Role
It’s natural to want to work with the biggest and best brands - think Samsung, Apple, and HP - and as AO’s new Trade Marketing Account Manager, you’ll be doing just that.
Getting stuck into the consumer electronics side of our business, you’ll be spending much of your days dealing with the kinds of names and tech you’ll find dotted around your own home.
You’ll think like a marketer, linking in with our e-commerce team to deliver mega campaigns that eke out every penny of value for our suppliers.
If it’s got a screen, then chances are high that AO sells it, and if you know the ins-and-outs of these products, then you’re well set up for success as our new Trade Marketing Account Manager.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Coming up with strategies that boost sales and keep our customers coming back for more
- Pulling together commercial data, web analytics and customer insight to spot trends in how our customers behave and how we can make that work for us going forward
- Seeing through every stage of the marketing journey: from brief and activation, to reporting and invoicing
- Working with partners to get our shared marketing goals down in black and white
- Nurturing manufacturer relationships to the point so that AO is their go-to retailer.
- Designing and delivering marketing plans that hit shared commercial goals
A Few Things About You
- Experience with eCommerce and/or Digital Marketing
- Comfortable supporting and managing other marketers
- Brilliant communication skills with a knack for building and maintaining relationships with manufacturers and key internal stakeholders
- Exceptional planning and organising skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Strong commercial acumen is a big one too, so if you can take customer insights and sales data to evaluate the ROI of promotions & campaigns - bonus!
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.