About The Role
ao.com the customer lies at the heart of everything we do and you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver a great online customer experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to AO.com’s unique way of managing marketing relationships with manufacturer partners. You will play a critical role in the development of an ‘always on’ customer lifecycle approach to the customer journey and supporting the company’s overarching trade objectives.
The Trade Marketing Account Manager will report into the Senior Trade Marketing Manager (MDA & SDA categories). They will be responsible for liaising with key suppliers to activate joint partner marketing initiatives for the category. The Trade Marketing Account Manager will play a lead role in building lasting relationships and delivering first class marketing executions alongside industry leading brands.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Success will be achieved through developing a deep understanding of the category, our partner’s objectives and aligning this to AO’s business and marketing plans.
- Work closely with our strategic partners to; maintain and grow relationships and help deliver profitable revenue growth
- Define shared marketing objectives with partners and oversee the delivery of bespoke programmes of activity
- Develop marketing strategies aligned to category growth plans, engaging with the wider business to communicate key initiatives
- Work collaboratively with the purchasing teams to achieve category and key brand growth targets and be on the constant look-out for new revenue generating opportunities with our partners
- Leverage commercial data, web analytics and customer insight to identify areas of opportunity and trends within customers’ onsite and purchasing behaviours. In response, help develop strategies that improve sales and repeat purchase ratios at a product, category and brand level.
- Assist in managing the trade marketing budget for the category, measuring and reporting on the performance against marketing plans
- Develop strong and productive relationships with key internal stakeholders including; category buyers, finance, multi-channel, creative and eCommerce development teams
A Few Things About You
- eCommerce and / or Digital Marketing experience essential
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Account management experience preferential
- Proven track record of driving brand-awareness and revenue growth through smart marketing plans and execution of promotions & campaigns
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both an internal and external environment
- Strong commercial acumen, understanding of customer insights and sales data & evaluating ROI of promotions & campaigns
- Strong motivational, influencing and negotiation skills
- "Let’s go" spirit and willingness to develop professionally in order to support the stated aim of ao.com in becoming the best electrical retailer in Europe
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.