A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
As a Test & Support Analyst, you will take responsibility for ensuring that the ERP system, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, fulfils business requirements. You will do this by liaising with end users, namely Finance teams both in the UK and Europe, to fully understand their needs by working closely with the Project Consultants and Developers.
This role is all about playing a key part of the project lifecycle, from a quality and testing perspective and be the driving force behind making efficiency improvements and building strong relationships across AO. You will be required to vocalise issues and/or concerns to developers, project consultants and other business areas efficiently.
You will need to be comfortable being involved from the start to finish of the software development life cycle, contributing at every stage - specifically taking full responsibility between development and User Acceptance Testing.
You will also be the first line functional support for users with AX related issues, ensuring that response times are kept in line with our SLA’s, escalating were necessary.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Testing the end-to-end solution, including ensuring that existing functionality is not impacted
- Gaining a full understanding of the software and the front-end configuration required - become a Super User!
- First line functional support for all AX users, maintaining SLA response times
- Living the problem with end users to fully understand what is required, alongside the Project Consultants
- Understanding the use of Functional Design Documents and User Story contents to aid the creation of Test Plans
- Be a part of diverse, cross functional teams focused on end-to-end development
- Working very closely with developers to realise the objective in the most efficient manner
A Few Things About You
You’ll be keen to take ownership and responsibility of your work, before being deployed in a live environment, and to overcome any obstacles that may arise.
You must have:
* Excellent attention to detail
* Have an appetite for constantly improving processes
* A natural problem solver with a logical approach who enjoys ‘fixing things’ and finding solutions
* Able to keep calm under pressure and deal with setbacks in a positive way
- Empathetic approach to users’ needs
- Experience in Testing software changes
* Commit to continually learn and grow
* A confident communicator and not afraid to challenge existing ways of working
* Able to meet tight deadlines by working flexibly and in an efficient manner
- Willing to go the extra mile to get things done
- Able to bring a bit of fun to work!
Nice to have
* Experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX (2009 / 2012 / D365) or similar ERP software
* Experience in creating Test Plans
* A basic Finance understanding
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.