Test Lead - ERP
Location: Home Based
About The Role
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Remote - 2 days a month in our Bolton office
We’re on a journey to transform the way we work at AO. We’re investing £ millions into upgrading our ERP from Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365, bringing the power, speed, and intelligence of cloud computing into our organisation.
The first stop on our roadmap is to embed, optimise and roll out D365 into our Finance team. Then we’ll be integrating other areas such as HR, Sales, and Supply Chain. So we’re looking for a testing specialist to take a lead role and help us deliver this huge transformation project.
As our Test Lead, you’ll put all of your ERP knowledge into practice by testing all areas of functionality in D365 for Finance. We’ll look to you to really drive quality standards - identifying any risk whilst making sure the needs of the business are met. In this role, you’ll get exposure to the latest and best ERP technology, unrivalled career growth, and the ability to shape the future of ERP at AO.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Analyse complex information and write concise, high quality test cases
- Execute and maintain manual tests, providing accurate estimation of time to complete the test activities
- Work with Business Users to prepare use cases, test criteria and test plans and confirm scope for sign off
- Provide direction and guidance for test process improvements and establishment of policies
- Prepare an overall Test Strategy, defining the scope of testing within the context of each release / delivery, and applying the appropriate test measurements and metrics
- Identify, document and track bugs in Azure DevOps, managing these to accurate resolution and successful re-test
- Coordinate with internal teams, 3rd party suppliers and system integrators around defect management
- Work proactively with the D365 and IT leadership team to identify areas of improvement, through new technologies, toolsets, and methodologies
A Few Things About You
- Proven experience working as a Test Analyst, with strong knowledge of test methodologies, tools, and processes
- Previous ERP testing experience is essential - MS Dynamics would be preferred, but we’d still love to hear from you if you’ve been exposed to other systems such as Oracle or SAP
- Experience identifying automation candidates and building tests utilising RSAT / Selenium qualification
- An understanding of the Lifecycle Services integrated with Azure DevOps Pipeline
- Confidence communicating with people at all levels in the business
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.