A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
Our award-winning IT department is looking for a Test Analyst to join us who will focus on the delivery of our marketing content and internal tools. You’ll spend much of your time putting yourself in the customer’s/user's shoes working with developers, creative designers, copy writers, project managers and coordinators.
You’ll need to be present from a piece of works inception to delivery and be completely committed to delivering high quality work quickly in this fast-paced team. Work ranges from static content commissioned by the internal business and our suppliers to more complex pieces of software requiring test automation, exploratory testing and continuous integration/delivery.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Working on testing our marketing materials are of a high standard before being delivered to the customer from a UX, Aesthetic and Accessibility perspective.
- Making sure any non-static work is perfectly functional, accessible, secure and performant.
- Making sure that the work is a delightful to use for the end user.
- Working with UX, Creative designers, Business analysts, Project managers, other testers as well as copywriters and other stakeholders to make sure we are delivering what’s expected on time.
- Implementing ways to measure the success of the work you are producing automatic reporting.
- Creating user journeys where appropriate.
- Automation of user journeys where appropriate.
- Working with development to debug issues.
- Contribute towards continuous integration and delivery pipeline.
- Work in an Agile cross functional team in an Agile fashion in all facets whether it be our approach to delivering work or your approach to testing.
A Few Things About You
- Must have a passion for great aesthetics and user experience.
- Must have a strong eye for detail.
- Must be proactive and goal orientated.
- Self motivated and keep to take ownership and responsibility for your work and yourself.
- 2+ years testing experience.
- Test automation experience is preferred.
- Experience working with Automation tools preferred.
- Experience working on a customer facing eCommerce platform is preferred.
- Good understanding of HTML, CSS and JS.
- Must be a clear and succinct communicator.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is preferable.
- You must have a desire to learn and continuously improve yourself.
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.