About The Role
The role is part of the Premier Installations Audit team within Group Internal Audit at AO. The role will be covering London and the southern regions.
The Group Internal Audit function have a responsibility to provide independent assurance to the Board and other key stakeholders regarding risk management. Group Internal Audit are also a consultancy service in identifying opportunities for improvement.
The role involves conducting live and retrospective engineer audits within customer homes to assess the safety and quality of gas and electrical installations, and to ensure regulatory standards are being adhered to. This involves providing engineers with direct constructive feedback, making recommendations for improvements, rectifying erroneous installations and working collaboratively with the Operation to ensure continuous improvement.
The role contributes to AO protecting customer safety, ensures the ability of on-going commercial operations, reduces the likelihood of receiving fines and penalties, and limits the potential of reputational damage.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• Completing risk-based live and post live engineer technical installation audits within customer homes.
• Completing incident investigations in customer homes to establish root causes for post installation safety issues.
• Risk-based planning of engineer audits.
• Providing a detailed weekly report of the engineers audited and any recommendations from installation observations.
• Completing installation incident reports and recommendations for improvement.
• Providing remote advice regarding installation incidents as part of an incident response team.
• Technical training for engineers training as and when required.
• Attending and contributing to Premier Installations operational meetings as required.
• Working collaboratively with the Premier Installations Operation and the wider Group Internal Audit teams.
• Assisting on the completion of administration-based periodic compliance audits.
• Liaise with external regulators as and when required.
A Few Things About You
A few things about you
• Gas Safe Qualified
• 18th Edition qualified or high degree of electrical competency
• Ability to display audit capabilities and conduct investigations
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Flexible approach to work
• Willingness to travel nationwide
• Excellent customer service skills
• Relationship building skills
• Risk-based approach to work
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.