Tech Talent Acquisition Specialist (MAT Cover)
About The Role
At AO, we’re powered by people - and our Talent Acquisition Specialists are right at the heart of it all. Working as a team, we make sure the right people are in the business and on our journey to be THE destination for electricals.
In this role, you’ll be our specialist for all technology recruitment. You’ll partner with stakeholders across our different disciplines and be the subject matter expert for tech within the talent team.
This might be a fixed-term contract, but it’s an amazing opportunity to come on board and make a huge impact from day one. If you can bring us the experience we’re looking for, we can offer you bags of autonomy, an incredibly interesting part of the business to work with, a team full of recruitment & employer brand experts, and so much growth and development along the way.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Proactively source talent using a range of headhunting techniques
- Understand the workflow plan for upcoming vacancies and decide the best recruitment approach to take for each area
- Influence the hiring process and share best practices on how we can create better experiences for candidates
- Keep a constant eye on the market, feeding back updates to stakeholders on the hiring landscape for technology
- Actively engage in employer brand activity to help promote AO as an employer of choice
- Build talent pipelines for any future opportunities
A Few Things About You
- You’ve got previous experience in tech recruitment, either from an internal talent team or recruitment agency
- You’re comfortable managing between 10 - 15 roles at a time, but not shy to help others in the team if it’s needed
- Your communication skills are unrivalled - you’ll be speaking with lots of candidates and hiring managers every day
- You understand the value of well written job advert and just how powerful the right social media content can be
- You can prioritise projects and organise your time effectively
- You’ve got the ability to provide all candidates with a ‘best-in-class’ experience
- You’re a doer and can crack on without close supervision, but can also collaborate with others in a team
- You’ve got growth mindset - always curious about finding a better way to do things
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- £200 annual attendance bonus
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.