About The Role
At AO Recycling, we are committed to extracting as much value as possible from the waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) that is thrown away by UK households every year. Like the rest of the AO Group, we are a very exciting and enthusiastic company to work for. The role will be located at our plastics recycling plant at Stafford Park, Telford, Shropshire, which uses state of the art technology to separate plastics from our fridge processing site, ready for reuse in other products.
We are growing rapidly (this role is due to growth) and so with that, opportunities to develop and try new approaches become aplenty. If you are an energetic, hands on, innovative professional, this is the environment for you. We are part of a bigger group and with that backing comes stability and support for our business. And it is always worth remembering - we run a profitable business whilst doing the right thing for the environment.
The Team Leader will work as part of a small team (circa 5 operatives), reporting into the Shift Co-Ordinator, helping to co-ordinate and supervise operational activity along with productive responsibilities, whilst achieving KPI’s safely and efficiently. You will be expected to liaise effectively with other departments, external partners and provide administrative support.
You will work with high levels of quality and performance whilst maintaining the Health and Safety culture, working as part of a team. With the transition to online retail, the operation must be flexible to growing volumes, managing these effectively and delivering awe inspiring results on a daily basis.
This role is predominantly shop floor based and does require standing for long periods of time.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Standing in for the shift coordinator and other colleagues
* Reporting to the Shift Co-Ordinator, delivering KPI’s through smart working.
* Output materials bulk bag stations are monitored, replaced diligently and capacity is optimised
* Accurate and timely paperwork completion, meeting AO policies
* Ensuring process is maintained to avoid any backlogs and downtime
* Take pride in keeping the environment tidy, smart and ready for customer/VIP visits
* Supporting the Shift Co-Ordinator and providing cover for Shift Co-Ordinator in the following areas
* Completing the shift handover
* Daily Paperwork, transport, emails, KPIs management
* Leading AOers in the team and dealing with absence, resource management, maintaining discipline and driving performance
* Liaising with suppliers and customers
* Changing material bulk bags
* Keeping state-of-the-art Machinery free from dust and debris
* Housekeeping responsibility - ensure all areas are improved/maintained
A Few Things About You
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK permanently and without restrictions. We are an inclusive and diverse business, celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual; in fact we believe this makes us stronger. Our recruitment mirrors this.
Key knowledge and skills for the Team Leader (Operations):
* Experience of working in a warehouse or logistics environment is desirable but not essential.
* Able to complete manual handling within strict Health and Safety guidelines
* Experience of working under pressure or to deadlines
* An understanding of handling stock or stock management is desirable
* Experience in supervising or leading small teams
* Liaising with external suppliers and customers
* Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
* Good communication
* Willing to help the team with other tasks to achieve operational targets
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and growing business, building on the current successes already delivered in a short time within the Operations function.
Education and Qualifications:
* Minimum 6 months’ experience in a supervisory role
* ILM2 or equivalent qualification an advantage (AO will provide support for the successful candidate to complete an ILM2 qualification via an external college if required)
* Involvement in continuous improvement programmes an advantage
* Good written and spoken English
* FLT licence (AO will provide internal training if required)
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 28 days holiday (Including Bank Holidays)
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.