About The Role
Our Night Shift Team Leaders work closely with our Night Shift Supervisor and the Warehouse team to ensure that the night operation always runs effectively and that the team achieves the objectives and KPIs set out by the business.
You will provide support to ensure that our appliances are handled with care and vehicles are unloaded and loaded on time, both efficiently and safely.
- Salary: £11.75 per hour / £24,596.94 per annum
- Hours: 4 on 4 off, 20:00pm-08:00am (40.25 hours per week)
- Job Type: Full time and permanent contract
- Location: Broadway Business Park, Yaxley, PE7 3EN
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Supporting the Night Shift Supervisor and leading the team in their absence
- Working alongside the warehouse team, leading by example and coaching the team
- Support training for new starters to include Safe Systems of Work and Health and Safety
- Promote a safe working environment, ensuring the team always adhere to Health and Safety procedures
- Continually working towards reducing damage levels
- Delegating driver workload and allocating tasks to the team as well as processing paperwork
- Supporting with driver packs for the outgoing shift
- Assist with fleet management ensuring all vehicles remain roadworthy and meet transport legislation
- Help support the shunting on the yard- ensuring site speed and safety regulations are being adhered to at all times
A Few Things About You
- Ability to lead and motivate a diverse workforce
- Able to build good relationships with people even when under pressure
- Able to make decisions in the absence of the Night Shift Supervisor to drive performance and service
- React quickly to information and be able to solve problems independently
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Competent use of Microsoft, particularly Excel
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
- 24 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Attendance Bonus
- Exclusive Staff Discount
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Expression of wish service
- Make a difference days (x2 fully paid charity days a year)
- Share-save Scheme
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.