A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Role
You will work closely with our Shift Managers, Operational Managers, Operational staff and various other departments within logistics to ensure smooth running our warehouses.
Our Team Leader will ensure that our day to day warehouse operation always runs effectively and that the warehouse achieves its objectives and KPI’s set out by your Shift Managers. You will provide support in your allocated area of the warehouse making sure all goods are handled with care and vehicles are unloaded on time.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Our Warehouse Team Leader will be expected to:
- Allocate and supervise daily tasks
- Monitor the quality of the work that our warehouse operatives carry out
- Be able to investigate and rectify any discrepancies that are reported
- Motivated and support all direct reports
- Monitor all aspects of H&S
- Provide administration support relating to stock management
- Help support the management of the shift in the absence of Shift manager, including completing handovers to the night shift and helping them with any reports
- Support with HR functions such as disciplinary meetings and performance management
A Few Things About You
Our Team Leader will be able to work under pressure and be driven to delivery objectives professionally. You must be smart enough to think on your feet and have a passion to drive the service we delivery for our customers and be bold enough to be able to cover duties for the shift manager when needed.
- An in-depth understanding of our warehouse operation
- Experience of working to deadlines and motivating others
- Experience of logistics/warehouse environment
- Able to analyse information in a timely manor
- Ability to manage fluctuating workloads
- Confident with a fair and consistent approach to people management
- Able to stay calm and focused under pressure
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
o PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.