About The Role
As an established TA professional, you'll be accountable for the entire recruitment lifecycle, with the key focus of ensuring AO attract and retain the best talent the market has to offer by supporting hiring managers, the wider Talent Acquisition team and offering a fantastic service to our candidates.
Whilst demonstrating the appropriate AO values, the role involves collaborating and communicating with a variety of people internally and externally, whilst proposing and supporting ongoing improvements to AO’s recruitment strategy, with the aim of achieving positive hiring outcomes for all concerned.
The role holder will continue to be given all the support and opportunities required to develop their career further at AO. There is also a requirement to support team members who are less experienced as they develop with advice and guidance.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Collaborate with and support your Talent Acquisition colleagues, whilst partnering with hiring managers to deliver a best-in-class recruitment service to candidates, to drive hiring efficiency and success.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of Hiring Managers’ and business requirements, whilst managing expectations and offering support and guidance throughout the recruitment lifecycle
- Writing engaging and concise job descriptions, post vacancies and screen applications, whilst ensuring data on the ATS is up to date and accurate.
- Proactively source new candidates, to senior level, using a variety of techniques, including job boards, networking events, social media and other online platforms.
- Conduct telephone screening, coordinate formal interviews, provide candidate feedback, including making objective decisions around progressing and declining candidates
- As an AO employer brand ambassador, guide candidates through the hiring, offer and preboarding processes, including salary negotiations, to ensure we are delivering a fantastic candidate experience and fully prepare candidates considering a career with the business.
- Undertake administration, track data, generate reports and responding to ad-hoc requests for advice and guidance from internal and external queries.
- Support the wider team where required by covering for absence and when pooling resources on ad-hoc recruitment drives and campaigns.
A Few Things About You
- Comfortable working across Product, Creative and Analytics.
- The ability to deliver utilising a broad spectrum of attraction and sourcing methodologies
- Experience within specialist recruitment
- Be able to manage hiring manager expectations, keeping them engaged through relevant communication and data
- Have the curiosity to seek out new and innovative ways of working to ensure the Talent Acquisition function are always improving.
- Ability to design appealing and convincing content aimed at attracting both active and passive candidates.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.