About The Role
In this role you’ll work closely with your assigned business areas across AO Retail to bring great ecommerce talent into their teams.
Building strong relationships with your key stakeholders and hiring managers, you’ll be the talent expert that will advise on and design and implement talent attraction strategies to fill vacancies.
Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Manager, you’ll own the end to end hiring journey for both candidates and hiring managers alike, ensuring both have a great experience.
As a talent expert, you’ll also work with your business areas on key Talent Acquisition activities around Employer Brand, Assessment & Selection, Employee Advocacy, Diversity & Inclusion and other initiatives.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Taking briefs from hiring managers for their current vacancies and using your expertise and market insight to challenge where necessary
- Designing and implementing appropriate direct sourcing strategies
- Writing compelling job adverts and other content to drive inbound applicants
- Headhunting tech talent across multiple platforms
- Screening candidates to produce shortlists and make recommendations to the hiring managers.
- Advising and guiding both candidates and hiring managers through the interview process
- Managing both offers and rejections to candidates in a candidate centric manner.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, hiring managers and HR
- Using data & insight to make recommendations, influence decision making and tell stories were appropriate.
A Few Things About You
- Previous ecommerce hiring experience within an internal/inhouse talent acquisition team would be a huge advantage
- Proven experience in designing attraction strategies for hard-to-fill roles.
- Direct sourcing capabilities across multiple platforms
- Proven relationship building and hiring manager partnering capability
- Ability to craft engaging and compelling content to designed with the target audience in mind
- Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage but not essential: Assessment & Selection; Employer Branding; Talent Pipelines.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.