About The Role
As an established internal recruitment professional, you’ll be accountable for the entire recruitment lifecycle, with the key focus of ensuring AO attract and retain the best talent the market has to offer by supporting hiring managers, the wider Talent Acquisition team and offering a fantastic service to our candidates.
Whilst demonstrating the appropriate AO values, your role will involve collaborating and communicating with a variety of people internally and externally, whilst proposing and supporting ongoing improvements to AO’s recruitment strategy, to achieve positive hiring outcomes for all concerned.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Collaborate with and support your Talent Acquisition colleagues, whilst partnering with hiring managers to deliver a best-in-class recruitment service to candidates, to drive hiring efficiency and success.
- You’ll ensure a thorough understanding of Hiring Managers’ and business requirements, whilst managing expectations and offering support and guidance throughout the recruitment lifecycle
- Writing engaging and concise job descriptions, post vacancies and screen applications, whilst ensuring data on the ATS is up to date and accurate.
- Proactively source new candidates, to senior level, using a variety of techniques, including job boards, networking events, social media and other online platforms.
- Conduct telephone screening, coordinate formal interviews, provide candidate feedback, including making objective decisions around progressing and declining candidates
- As an AO employer brand ambassador, you’ll guide candidates through the hiring, offer and preboarding processes, including salary negotiations, to ensure we are delivering a fantastic candidate experience and fully prepare candidates considering a career with the business.
- Undertake administration, track data, generate reports and responding to ad-hoc requests for advice and guidance from internal and external queries.
- You’ll support the wider team where required by covering for absence and when pooling resources on ad-hoc recruitment drives and campaigns.
A Few Things About You
- The ability to deliver utilising a broad spectrum of attraction and sourcing methodologies
- Experience of high volume recruitment
- Be able to manage hiring manager expectations, keeping them engaged through relevant communication and data
- Have the curiosity to seek out new and innovative ways of working to ensure the Talent Acquisition function are always improving.
- Ability to design appealing and convincing content aimed at attracting both active and passive candidates.
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.