About The Role
- Bringing great talent into AO Tech is why you’ll get out of bed every day, how you do that is largely down to you.
- You’ll work closely with the Talent Acquisition Specialists to prioritise and focus on key areas and roles.
- You’ll execute on sourcing and attraction strategies that vary from creating compelling and engaging content, sourcing the deepest corners of the web or something else completely.
- This role comes with bags of autonomy, but with autonomy comes responsibility and ownership. You’ll be responsible for helping the business hire great people into their teams whilst delivering a great candidate and hiring manager experience
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
In this role you’ll work closely with the Systems & Engineering team within AO Tech to help bring great tech talent into the business
With a strong network and knowledge of the technology market you will use your expert skills, to assist in identifying and attracting world-class talent across a variety of platforms to support AO Tech
Reporting to the Senior Talent Acquisition Partner for AO Tech, you’ll assist in the end to end hiring journey for both candidates and hiring managers alike, ensuring both have a great experience.
Typical activities can include:
- Headhunting tech talent across multiple platforms
- Taking briefs from hiring managers for their current vacancies and using your expertise and market insight to challenge where necessary
- Writing compelling job adverts and other content to drive inbound applicants
- Screening candidates to produce shortlists
- Advising and guiding candidates through the interview process
- Managing both offers and rejections to candidates in a candidate-centric manner.
- Using data & insight to make recommendations, influence decision making and tell stories were appropriate.
- Candidate documentation and identification checks
A Few Things About You
- You probably never planned on being in recruitment, you didn’t even really know what it was until you were in it and like most of us, you just ‘fell into it’.
- You very quickly realised that you were pretty good at it and on most days, you even enjoy it. You get a kick out of taking a hard to fill role and finding the perfect candidate to fill it all whilst ensuring a brilliant experience for hiring managers and candidates alike.
- You’ve got experience in an agency or talent acquisition team sourcing for roles across software development
- You’re not happy with the "this is the way we’ve always done it" approach, nor are you happy to be an order taker.
- You’re constantly looking for better ways of working and working with your team and there hiring managers rather than for them.
- Writing job adverts or posting across social media isn’t "admin" to you. You understand the value of well written job advert and just how powerful the right content can be on social media.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’re forward thinking with both Tech and our people. We know how important family and wellbeing are - flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm to support your lifestyle.
It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. Whatever the task, project or product, we trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.