A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
This is an amazing opportunity for a motivated and creative product professional to join a dynamic team and manage product content, where you can make your mark and help shape the way we generate and deliver product content.
Based in our wonderful head office in Bolton, you will report directly into the Head of Product Content and Innovation to deliver all businesses as usual (BAU) product content, as well as creatively looking at how we can generate augmented reality and user generated content.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- This is a new role in the business and you’ll be the principal person responsible for "bringing products to life
- Work internally with trading teams to create a feedback loop with suppliers and solve any content queries.
- Working alongside both suppliers and internal teams around innovating content so that we can improve and innovate the way we deliver product content.
A Few Things About You
- Experience of product and UX in a retail environment
- Teamwork and Collaboration - working collaboratively with a group in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal
- Entrepreneurial Drive and Energy - self-motivated, inquisitive and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job
- Planning and Organizing - ability to set priorities, goals and timetables to achieve maximum productivity
- Creativity and Innovation - ability to generate and translate an idea into a product or service that creates value
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.