A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
We are looking for an energetic and fast learning individual to work in the planning team within our in-house Multimedia and Design department.
Ideally, we would like someone who has previously worked in a Studio/Production Assistant role and is looking to join a company where they get to work with a friendly, dynamic team supporting the day-to-day organisation of our creative studio with a focus on digital media marketing production.
We're looking for someone who's excited by the prospect of working in a buzzing, open-plan studio, whose happy multi-tasking, can put their head down and plough through everyday tasks and communicate on work in progress in an effective and efficient manner.
So, if this sounds like you, then this is a great opportunity!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Working closely with the Project and Production Coordinators to plan and schedule the weeks ahead
- Checking through creative briefs ensuring all required information and timings are included
- Creating production schedules for projects
- Attending meetings and taking notes
- Helping source location, voice over artists, talent, props and hire equipment
- Liaising with suppliers and external agencies
- Keeping a running log of project costs
- Producing call sheets for shoots
- Assisting with the clearance for online video streaming and radio broadcast
- Acting as a runner on video and photography shoots
- Helping to keep the studio tidy and organised, as well as other general administration
- Keeping systems up to date
A Few Things About You
- A logical thinker!
- Experience working in a production team
- Very good organisational and time-keeping abilities
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to work under pressure in a very fast paced environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Eager & quick to learn
- An ability to use initiative and work independently
- Willing to work outside contracted hours if necessary
- Excellent computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Knowledge of Trello and Teamweek is preferred, though not essential, providing you’re a quick learner
Experience of working with Clearcast and Radiocentre
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.