About The Role
Our Storytelling Writer will play a key role in crafting the output of this team. We’re looking for someone from a journalistic background with an eye for a story and an to ear to the ground. You’ll need the skills to unpick complicated topics and the literary magic to make every story sound distinctly AO. One minute you could be drafting a script around our recycling initiatives and the next you could be interviewing our founder and CEO about our future ambitions.
You’ll need lots of energy, loads of creative ideas and the skills to draft insightful, informative and entertaining content on the fly. We’re looking for someone with a curious nature who loves asking why. In fact, asking the right questions will be at the core of everything you do.
Being bold and brave enough to prod and delve a little deeper into subjects, whilst understanding how to shape the answers will be crucial. You’ll be supported by a strong team with each role playing an equally important part in the creative process. So, if all the above is ticking the right boxes so far, take a look at the details below.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• Collaborate with the Storytelling team on crafting compelling AO focused content.
• Proactively research story threads and find your own leads to help bring the narrative together.
• Structure and craft video scripts for a range of channels and audiences.
• Collate interview questions that get to the heart of the topic.
• Conduct interviews with people from across the business and beyond.
• Input creatively from pre-production to post-production, to ensure the final output remains true to the topic, brief and brand.
• Be the guardian of our tone of voice and ensure all creative output is faithful to our house guidelines.
A Few Things About You
• A creative writer from a journalistic background with excellent scriptwriting skills.
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can work on multiple projects with varying timelines.
• You’re an excellent communicator, confident with managing up and presenting ideas to seniors and project stakeholders.
• You’ll be comfortable taking direction and feedback from multiple stakeholders and levels across the business.
• You’re curious of mind and like to stay on top of the latest media and communication trends.
• You’re comfortable combining commercial business need, brand discipline and creative thinking.
• You’ll have previous and substantial experience in a similar role.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.