About The Role
We’re looking for a talented producer with a journalistic mindset and an eye for spotting trends and stories that speak to our customers and colleagues.
The driving force in this new team, you will have the opportunity to shape its remit and build relationships across all areas of the business.
You will be excited about being part of our success and thrive when faced with new challenges constantly striving to produce outstanding creative work. You must have a very strong work ethic, possess outstanding multi-tasking skills, and consistently perform in a fast-paced and demanding creative environment.
You’ll also be the team’s representative when they are out and about on shoots. So, you’ll need to have the confidence to make creative decisions and be happy interacting with stakeholders from the rest of the business, which would include creative, marketing, PR & board level executives.
You’ll need to be able to execute a brief, but we’re also looking for someone with a curious nature who loves asking why and has an opinion on how to shape a narrative.
You’ll be supported by a strong team with each role playing an equally important part in the creative process. So, if all the above is ticking the right boxes so far, take a look at the details below.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• Collaborate with the Storytelling team on crafting compelling AO focused content.
• Responsible for the successful ownership, management, and delivery of our Story Telling stream of content.
• Take responsibility for your output and always strive to push creativity.
• Be the main point of contact for stakeholders and contributors.
• Organise video shoots at short notice including risk assessments and clearances when required.
• Manage multiple productions. Delivering on time and to budget.
• Develop production schedules
• Scout, select and reserve shoot location.
• Make transportation arrangements for crew.
• Hire additional crew and equipment when required.
• Hire talent, direct and coach both in-house contributors and paid talent.
• Problem solve in a positive way; be able to explore alternative solutions and then clearly communicate different options and approaches when needed.
A Few Things About You
• Always on the hunt for a good story, knows how to hop on a trend or kick off a conversation.
• Highly motivated and proactive. A positive attitude - always working to overcome challenges to deliver the best possible work.
• Able to work in a busy and fast paced environment. Keeping your cool under pressure.
• Excellent interpersonal skills - can communicate concisely and confidently at all levels
• The ability to manage productions with lean production support. An expert in managing ‘Run and Gun’ content.
• Strong project management skills. Experience in developing and negotiating budgets and timelines, then delivering against them.
• Creative and willing to contribute new ideas in the process of bringing stories to life!
• Able to approach production in a creative or non-traditional way to maximise budgets and delivery of assets.
• Work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends when necessary
• Shoot production experience - capable of organising video shoots in their entirety
• Post production experience - capable of managing a job from concept to delivery
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.