About The Role
As a Stock Planning Category Manager, you’ll take full ownership and control of the stock plan for your category, analysing performance and adjusting the plan accordingly.
We are looking for someone who wants to expand their knowledge in supply and inventory planning, and gain strong cross-functional experience, while positively impacting the strategic goals here at AO!
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- You’ll take ownership and full control of the stock plan for your category, analysing performance and adjusting the plan accordingly
- Build strong relationships with both internal stakeholders, external suppliers and our warehouse team based in Crewe
- Support the Category Manager with analysis to make sure informed decisions are being made (aged stock/obsolete SKUs)
- You’ll indirectly manage a team of 4 Demand Planners, providing support, guidance and coaching
- Orderbook aggregation in line with the commercial forecast, oversee phasing of inbound stock and purchase orders in line with your stock budget
- Make recommendations for process improvements to maximise stock efficiency
- Accurately track and report on rebates and stock in deals agreed by the business
- Work closely with suppliers to make sure 100% OTIF and tightly manage orderbook to ensure 0 cancellations of purchase orders
A Few Things About You
- Knowledge of demand planning and forecasting principles
- Experience in supply planning, budget management and data analysis
- Advanced MS Office, particularly Excel, understanding of Power BI & Relex would also be ideal
- Able to travel to our Crewe warehouse on a bi-weekly basis (or when required) for meetings with warehouse colleagues
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
As an AOer, you’ll have access to tonnes of benefits, put together to cover the moments that matter to you. Further details are available on our benefits page;
- Our Value Creation Plan; We've created a unique long term bonus plan for every AOer to share in our success, giving you the opportunity of an exceptional reward in return for exceptional business performance.
- Holidays; 25 days, plus bank holidays (increasing to 27 days after 2 years with us!)
- Pension; Contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same, giving you a little extra support for the future.
- Be VIP at the AO Arena; we have loads of opportunities to win free tickets and pre-sale access!
- Health & wellbeing; discounted gym membership, an onsite spa and our Help @ Hand scheme giving you access to virtual GP’s, Mental Health support and much more.
- Discounts; exclusive discounts across our product range.
- Family leave; Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave.
- Making a difference; 2 fully paid days a year to donate your time to any charity of your choice.
- On site perks; start your day with free on site parking, grabbing a complimentary breakfast and a coffee at our subsidised Starbucks!