A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
We are looking for a highly focused and enthusiastic DBA team member who sees their future career as becoming a strong and very experienced SQL Server Database Administrator.
The candidate should already be a confident and proven MS SQL DBA with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing a SQL Server environment, either solely or as part of a team.
This role will be challenging while very rewarding, providing much opportunity for the candidate to expand his/her experience and knowledge base. You will be working in a fast paced, ever moving organisation that is always keen to adopt and utilise new functionality and technology.
The successful candidate will find themselves in a position that carries a large degree of responsibility and reliance from the business while being involved in a variety of projects that span from internal DBA practices to business orientated project work alongside skilled web and application developers.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Planned Project Related Work
* Database development for schema creation and validation
* SSIS creation
* SQL Server Agent job creation
* Stored Procedure creation
* Stored Procedure performance optimisation
* Data Extracts
* Planned (IT Specific) Project Related Work
* SQL Server Migrations
* SQL Server instance installations and setup
* SQL Server Service Pack installations
* Replication setup/changes
* High Availability Setup (Clustering, Database Mirroring, Log Shipping)
* Daily and Unplanned Work
* Helpdesk Requests
* SQL Server related issues (Replication, Poorly performing queries, Application timeouts)
* SQL daily checks
* SQL Permissions
A Few Things About You
We believe that in order for you to do your best, we need to support your other commitments. This means working in a way that offers you flexibility, whilst getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
At AO we believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.