A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
Over the next six to twelve months, AO are investigating sponsorship to drive top of mind awareness and consideration among new and existing customers. This role will report into the Head of Brand Delivery and will be responsible for shaping and driving new and existing sponsorships across our organisation.
These partnerships offer the opportunity for a person with sponsorship & activation experience, to further their careers with AO, by building the strategy and implementation of the sponsorship as an important channel for brand building.
Using a collaborative working approach, the Sponsorship Manager is the overall point person, and subject matter expert for sponsorship programmes across the group.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Identify and develop long term national and local sponsorship opportunities.
- Build joint business plans with stakeholders to deliver a strong proposition that drives awareness and consideration among new customers and further develops ‘love’ with existing customers.
- Develop annual activation plans ensuring all rights and assets are leveraged 100% and work with sponsors to develop pipeline of activity across the year that is amplified through owned, paid and earned channels.
- Work with the marketing and communications teams to identify new ways to integrate and use sponsorships as a catalyst for storytelling.
- Ensure the team's activity is delivered within budget and continuously looks for efficiencies.
- Understand and develop the measurements of success e.g. ensure all sponsorships are maximised to their full potential, achieving commercial and brand KPI’s.
- Create, with stakeholders areas to develop and leverage across the customer journey including customer loyalty/reward programmes
- Work with internal communications and internal stakeholders to ensure our own people are excited about sponsorship opportunities and understand the importance of sponsorship in our over all brand streadgy.
A Few Things About You
- You will be a confident, tenacious relationship builder and problem solver taking responsibility for extensive sponsor projects.
- You will need to demonstrate brand passion, business acumen, commercial awareness, with the ability to build excellent stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills and natural team leader.
- 4-6 years’ experience working across all marketing disciplines (ATL, BTL, Digital, Experiential, Media, Social) as well as extensive and passion for sponsorship and live events.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, proactive and tenacity to always look for better ways
- Demonstrate strategic ability and commercial thinking, balanced with a can-do, roll your sleeves up attitude
- Insight driven, making decisions rooted in customer benefit, strategic fit and commercial understanding
- Great team player, with experience of line management
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.