About The Role
As our Southern District Manager you will work closely with our Regional Managers and support our Outbase Managers and their team. As a part of your role you will liaise regularly with your assigned Outbases, work with our Commercial, Quality and P&D team to find a better way. Travel around the Southern Region is required so our ideal candidate will be located in travel distance from London and all Southern Depots.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our Southern District Manager will play an integral part in ensuring excellent customer service is delivered to each one of our customers while setting and maintaining standards from operational policies, transport legislation, health & safety and people management. Our Purpose is to have the happiest customers by relentlessly striving for a better way and we can only do this through being smart with our operational running and bold with our decision making. You will have overall responsibility in leading and managing the efficiency of the Outbases and will use your skills in the areas outlined below:
- Motivate and support Outbase’s
- Maintain efficiency through effective people management
- Update and submit reports to the Regional Manager, Head Office and Senior Management team on a weekly basis.
- Coach Outbase Managers
- Continue to help Future proof our Outbases
- Monitor Delivery Performance
- Work alongside the Commercial team to assist with the effective planning of resource to help the business optimise efficiency and minimise operational risk during peak periods.
* Work closely with the Quality team ensuring product damage limitation
* Support with HR functions such as investigations, disciplinary hearings, appeal hearings and grievances.
A Few Things About You
eOur Southern District Manager needs to be passionate about driving our business forward and really care about the service we deliver to our customers. You will be able to work under pressure whilst remaining relaxed and approachable and be driven to deliver on key objectives. You will be able to motivate our Outbase Managers and employees, encouraging a hard-working environment with happy people. You need to be bold enough to make tough decisions quickly and be able to challenge our performance so that we are always improving.
* Leading and motivating a team
* Working in a logistics environment or home delivery sector
* Excellent operational understanding
- Working under pressure to meet deadlines and targets
* Working collaboratively with senior management and other departmental managers
* Able to produce management reports
* Demonstrate an understanding of managing budgets and resource planning
* Knowledge or understanding of managing HR processes including performance management
* Demonstrate strong commercial acumen
* A strong, motivational leader with flexibility to suit business needs
* Dedicated with a passion to succeed
* Ability to remain calm and work under pressure
* Strong problem solver and confident to overcome challenges independently
* Excellent communication skills
* PC literate including in-house logistics systems and Microsoft Packages
- Must be a CPC Holder
- Have excellence Transport and Distribution knowledge
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.