About The Role
Part of the AO Tech organisation, the newly formed Enterprise Platforms & ERP function is accountable for all thing’s Enterprise Platforms.
We have the ambitious mission of transforming the organisation's Business Platforms. Big growth plans are in place to get the organisation fit for purpose for future growth.
Architecture plays a key role in leveraging the new wider Tech capability and ensuring that the business is able to get the best from it.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Helping AO to advance its technology in line with the ambitious growth targets that we have planned and ensure that we are able to adapt to changes which we may not expect.
As a solution architect you will work with both Business and Technology teams to ensure that solutions are effective and deliver against AOs overall business strategy. Strong interpersonal and political stakeholder management skills will be key, as will the ability to demonstrate thought leadership in both Architecture and the retail industry.
A Few Things About You
- Familiar with agile ways of working, and able to adapt your practice for best fit with teams’ ways of working.
- Passionate technologist, and equally passionate about making it work for people
- You enjoy coaching individuals and teams in how to engage with the EA practice and get the best from it.
- You can draw from a range of architecture frameworks and methodologies and not adopt a "one size fits all" approach.
- You have experience of supporting a multi-region, multi-tenant, omnichannel enterprise as an enterprise architect.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling. When it comes to electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines, TVs, everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We want to change the world for the better. We treat every customer like they’re our gran and make decisions our mum’s would be proud of. We build diverse and inclusive teams and we value each and every person’s contribution. This allows us to better represent our customers and the communities we serve.
Why Choose AO?
- Finding a work/life balance is key so our core hours are 10-4pm. For most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most.
- We also offer 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays). You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to learn or pursue qualifications and we’ll cover the cost.
- Our Share Save scheme and a bonus pay-out for every AOer if we smash our targets by March 2025. Plus, we’ll help look after the future you with our pension scheme, with our contributions starting from at least 5%.
- We’ve set up a Simply Health cash plan, which can help you save towards both medical and dental care. We also have loads of dedicated wellness initiatives to keep your mind, body and spirit in tip-top shape