Software Security Engineer (12 month FTC)
Location: Bolton Hybrid
About The Role
At AO, developing and maintaining the delivery of a secure software development lifecycle is an integral component of our cyber security strategy. You will report to Mark, our Group Head of Cyber Security (Information Security Officer) and manage our day-to-day software security matters.
You will manage the process of gathering, analysing, assessing and communicating the current and future software cyber security risks and threats to AO. Essentially, you’ll be our Security Champion for our Systems & Engineering division!
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• Experience in an application & software cyber-security assurance role (in the retail sector would be an added bonus!)
• Experience of static code analysis tools
• Experience of dynamic analysis tools
• Knowledge of web security / agile development / secure SDLC
• Penetration testing and vulnerability assessment
• Knowledge of scripting, machine learning or compiler technologies would be beneficial
A Few Things About You
· Experience in an application & software cyber security assurance role (within a retail organisation is an added bonus!)
· Working knowledge of technical and cyber security standards including the Payment card Industry Data Security Standard (ISO27001 would be great too!)
· Working knowledge of industry best practices (such as NIST Framework, OWASP, SANS and NCSC Guidance) as well as secure web development
· Knowledge of Cryptography and networking
· Experience of static code analysis tools & dynamic analysis tools
· Knowledge of web security / agile development / secure SDLC
· Knowledge of scripting, machine learning or compiler technologies would be beneficial
· Penetration testing and vulnerability assessment
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- £200 annual attendance bonus
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.