A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
Our Software Platform Engineers are committed to developing the best cloud systems with leading collaborative groups to push the technical status-quo boundaries using innovative and ambitious ideas.
You’ll be a key member of a passionate product-aligned team who depend on one another to overcome the technical challenges and obstacles in achieving a product’s goals. Your specialist skills, listed below, will effortlessly transform and support ideas through multiple environments into a reliably coded production platform. Being a genuine team player and adopting the DevOps mentality, you’ll thrive from the knowledge shared by your team, as they will from you.
Furthermore, your team will have the full support of AOTech’s shared services team and the products they offer to make engineer’s lives easier. Being their direct customer, your involvement and contributions will shape the products and principles they develop for you and other platform engineers. Reducing duplicate work across the department
As an integral cog of the DevSecOps sector you will be evangelists with agile software development, security compliance and full stack ownership. You will be engaged, efficient and pragmatic in your approach to problem solving and to promote the best cloud technologies and standardised practices for AO's operations.
A Few Things About You
We recruit and invest in the person, the character and traits we look for are:
- Highly motivated, driven and adaptable
- Passionate about learning
- Take pride in well-written, quality code
- Ability to recognise and deliver against business needs
- True team player seeking a common goal ‘together’
- Good understand and appreciation for DevOps
Your Skills and Experience
- Infrastructure as code (IAC) is a must, everything we build today is managed by code. Are you proficient in any of the following? Terraform, Packer, Puppet, and Ansible
- Working with C# Software developers and product aligned goals
- Scripting languages such as powershell, python and bash to automate repetitive work
- End-to-end operational stack including application, compute and networks. (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, HTTP/S)
- Optimising and standardising continuous integration (CI) pipelines with a continuous delivery (CD) mindset.
- Security obsessed; building and improving security to ensure compliance and customer safety.
- Full visibility of your team’s estate using monitoring, logging and alerting services. For example, ELK, Cloudwatch, APM, Pagerduty.
- Experience with containerization and serverless infrastructure is highly desirable
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.