About The Role
Join the Digital Shopping Experiences team at AO as a proficient Full-Stack Developer and become an integral part of our mission to develop and maintain customer-facing products that shape the entire customer sales journey, from start to finish. At AO, our unwavering commitment is to continuously enhance our platforms and products, ensuring they are future-ready while eliminating unnecessary complexity.
While we highly value full-stack development, our primary focus is on finding an individual with a strong proficiency in back-end technologies. However, we also place a premium on T-shaped developers who possess a diverse skill set and knowledge across multiple disciplines, all while excelling in their specific area of expertise.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
We leverage technologies like C#, .NET Core, and AWS as our primary tools. Additionally, we work with a range of technologies such as Terraform, Node.js, React.js, TypeScript, and DynamoDB, among others.
We're are eager to explore new technologies while sticking to tried-and-true tech that we know works. Automated testing and TDD are at the core of our practices, and we deploy multiple applications and microservices through CI/CD pipelines within a DevOps environment.
We’re big fans of automated testing and TDD. We deploy multiple applications and microservice architecture via CI/CD pipelines in a DevOps environment.
We're passionate about elevating our AOers to make a positive impact with code and discovering new and innovative ways to leverage technology. We offer excellent training and abundant opportunities for development..
Those who thrive here at AO love to learn, share and deliver high quality. We’ll encourage you to add an extra string to your bow which is why we have launched our AWS Learning Pathways for Software Developers. We’ll offer you the opportunity to choose a pathway towards learning increasingly critical skills and enable the technology direction of AO Tech.
A Few Things About You
- You have deep knowledge of C#, along with either ASP.NET or .NET Core.
- You’re familiar with development frameworks, tools and best practice. extensive experience in architecture, API design. You can build scalable, distributable, maintainable and high-performance software.
- You ‘get’ principles and patterns and how they translate into modern software development.
- An agile evangelist, you know everything from ceremonies to WIP & pull systems and care about improving ways of working.
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
As an AOer, you’ll have access to tonnes of benefits, put together to cover the moments that matter to you. Further details are available on our benefits page;
- Our Value Creation Plan; We've created a unique long term bonus plan for every AOer to share in our success, giving you the opportunity of an exceptional reward in return for exceptional business performance
- Holidays; 25 days, plus bank holidays (increasing to 27 days after 2 years with us!
- Pension; Contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same, giving you a little extra support for the future
- Be VIP at the AO Arena; we have loads of opportunities to win free tickets and pre-sale access
- Health & wellbeing; discounted gym membership, an onsite spa and our Help @ Hand scheme giving you access to virtual GP’s, Mental Health support and much more
- Discounts; exclusive discounts across our product range
- Family leave; Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave* Making a difference; 2 fully paid days a year to donate your time to any charity of your choice
- On site perks; start your day with free on site parking, grabbing a complimentary breakfast and a coffee at our subsidised Starbucks!