About The Role
We’re going through an exciting transformation in our development teams. We’re creating cross-functional product teams with the freedom to shape how they build software.
As a Senior Software Developer, you’ll be a hands-on technical mentor. You'll instil an ethos of continual learning and professional development. You like to create an empowered, sustainable environment where the team will flourish.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
We work with C#, .NET Core and AWS primarily. Also working with the likes of Terraform, Node.js, React.js, typescript, and DynamoDB to name a few. We’re keen to explore other technologies, combined with tried and tested tech that we know works.
We’re big fans of automated testing and TDD. We deploy multiple applications and microservice architecture via CI/CD pipelines in a DevOps environment.
If you have experience using any of the above that’s great. We’re keen on elevating AOers to make a positive impact with code, and find new and innovative ways of using tech. We provide great training and opportunities for development.
Those who thrive here at AO love to learn, share and deliver high quality. We’ll encourage you to add an extra string to your bow which is why we have launched our AWS Learning Pathways for Software Developers. We’ll offer you the opportunity to choose a pathway towards learning increasingly critical skills and enable the technology direction of AO Tech.
A Few Things About You
- You have deep knowledge of C#, along with either ASP.NET or .NET Core.
- You’re familiar with development frameworks, tools and best practice. extensive experience in architecture, API design. You can build scalable, distributable, maintainable and high-performance software.
- You ‘get’ principles and patterns and how they translate into modern software development.
- An agile evangelist, you know everything from ceremonies to WIP & pull systems and care about improving ways of working.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling. When it comes to electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines, TVs, everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We want to change the world for the better. We treat every customer like they’re our gran and make decisions our mum’s would be proud of. We build diverse and inclusive teams and we value each and every person’s contribution. This allows us to better represent our customers and the communities we serve.
Why Choose AO?
- Finding a work/life balance is key so our core hours are 10-4pm. For most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most.
- We also offer 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays). You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to learn or pursue qualifications and we’ll cover the cost.
- Our Share Save scheme and a bonus pay-out for every AOer if we smash our targets by March 2025. Plus, we’ll help look after the future you with our pension scheme, with our contributions starting from at least 5%.
- We’ve set up a Simply Health cash plan, which can help you save towards both medical and dental care. We also have loads of dedicated wellness initiatives to keep your mind, body and spirit in tip-top shape