A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We think that in order for you to do your best, we need to support your other commitments. This means working in a way that offers you flexibility, whilst getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Source properties as required by the group directorate.
- Prepare board papers for new site approval
- Work with solicitors to complete the legal element of leases and associated documents.
- Prepare tenders in line with modern tender methods
- Create schedules of work as required
- Conduct tender analysis
- Instruct contractors in line with JCT contracts
- Administrate JCT contracts
- Prepare health and safety folder for the construction phase
- Manage and monitor health and safety during the construction phase
- Seek approvals as required (building/planning etc)
- Work with designers as required (structural engineers/QS/Building Surveyors/Architects)
- Manage the construction phase to ensure compliance with BS and building regulations
- Work with PM to produce effective cost management and programs
- Work with stakeholders to improve the operation as required
- Deal with dilapidation claims as required
A Few Things About You
- Superb Stakeholder management skills
- Ability to build internal and external relationships
- Working understanding of contract law
- Working understanding of Tenants Act 1954
- Working understanding of modern tender practises
- Working understanding of JCT contracts (small works and intermediate contracts)
- Experience of CDM
- Experience of working with building regulations, planning law and health and safety legislation
At AO we believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.