A Bit About Us
At AO Recycling, we are committed to extracting as much value as possible from the waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) that’s thrown away by UK households every year. Like the rest of the AO Group, we are a very exciting and enthusiastic company that like to think big.
Our new plant in Telford, Shropshire is state of the art - and able to process more items, more efficiently than any other site in the UK and this is where the role will be based.
More About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Shift Maintenance Team Leader that is looking to join a rapidly expanding recycling company on a permanent basis. We process, recycle, repair, refurbish and sell a wide range of white goods, including washing machines, tumble dryers, cookers, dishwashers and refrigerators.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Depending on your qualifications and experience you will be required to:
* To ensure all equipment is maintained to the highest standard
* To ensure all equipment is optimised to deliver efficiency targets
* To work closely with the Engineering Manager
* Perform monthly reviews on your engineering team
* Manage your engineering team on a day to day basis
* Drive a proactive approach to maintenance
* To work closely with the day engineering team to drive efficiency targets
* To work closely with Operational teams to deliver efficiency targets
* Identify gaps/efficiencies in PM schedules based on experience
* Support development of PM schedules for existing & new/upgraded site assets
* Compliance to Maintenance 5000 requirements to ensure we develop a full and accurate asset work history
A Few Things About You
Applicants to be considered for the position must have some or all of the following:
* The ability to work in a team environment
* Team leader experience in a similar role essential
* Proven track record of driving and developing a team
* The confidence to help generate ideas for improvement and the desire to take pride in your work
* Demonstrable knowledge of complex systems and processes.
* Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
* Good knowledge of preventative maintenance techniques
* Good communication skills
* Team building skills and strong ability to work cross functionally
* Strong engineering qualifications and background - HNC level or equivalent
* Relevant knowledge and experience in a similar role will justify the higher end of the salary bracket
* IOSH qualification
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.