About The Role
Reporting to the departmental Manager, the Shift Coordinator directs Supervisors and other Team Members (totalling between and 25) in assigned processing / Goods-in area in the execution of the company`s responsibilities. Manages (lines, cells, or area) as an operational unit and responsible to accomplish company goals and targets in accordance with all company policies, manufacturing standards for safety, product quality, internal / external customer satisfaction, accuracy, productivity, cost reduction, housekeeping, efficiency, training, teamwork, and morale.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Function as a first-line Manager over supervisors and team members
* Plan and coordinate hiring and placement of team members with his/her manager. Monitor and track staffing conditions, work hours and overtime, job rotation, and absenteeism.
* Understand, execute, and ensure consistent compliance with all company rules, policies, and practices, and takes appropriate corrective action when required.
* Responsible for managing and appraising team member job performance and recommending corrective action.
* Develop and maintains positive team member relations centred on mutual trust, dignity, respect, fairness, consistency, two-way communication, teamwork, and harmony.
* Provide direction and motivation to team members emphasising safety, quality, efficiency, productivity, cost reduction, and morale.
* Responsible for leading and maintaining the Fridge Recycling/ Goods-in areas, meeting and exceeding performance/ efficiency KPI's and implementing change/ improvements collaboratively with other shifts, departments and subject matter experts.
* Utilise techniques to standardise current/new processes and methods, reduce process variation, identify and methodically eliminate waste.
* Develop standardised work procedures by designing and/or documenting the best work sequence for each process.
* Direct the work of Supervisors and Team Members by assigning/re-assigning work and analyse production requirements based on current work volumes.
* Utilise knowledge and skills to maintain the highest level of quality and efficiency possible.
* Identify potential and current change points and make the required adjustments need to ensure quality, safety, operational availability, production efficiency, and cost control are maintained and optimised.
* Evaluate and analyse problems involving machinery and equipment and coordinate with maintenance function to repair machinery and manage volumes during the downtime.
* Lead continuous improvement activity for assigned area.
* Delivery of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets including safety, quality and operational availability
* Maintain, monitor, and update department daily KPI board and graphs and initiate continuous improvement activities.
* Initiate, coordinate, and participate in safety, quality, productivity, and cost improvement projects.
* Lead the implementation of team members’ ideas and suggestions, along with management directed initiatives.
* Maintain a safe working environment for all team members.
* Ensure compliance with safety regulations, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements, and company safety policies and procedures.
* Lead, perform, and/or participate in 5S housekeeping, accident investigation, and safety audits and related activities.
* Maintain knowledge of procedures concerning Hazardous Waste and Spill Response.
* Monitor safety and health of team members to ensure their well-being.
* Train and coach team members to maintain productivity and quality standards, in environmental, safety, quality, job performance, setups, trouble shooting, and continuous improvement.
* Orientate and oversee all training of team members and assign experienced and/or certified trainers to perform new team member training and cross training as needed.
* Maintain training matrix for supervisors and/or team members, assuring training is effective and corrects sub-standard performance.
A Few Things About You
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job functions of a leadership role.
* Formal qualifications in English and mathematics (GCSE or equivalent)
* ILM level 3 or equivalent qualification
* Must be able to work a 4 on 4 off rotating shift schedule.
* Analytical skills.
* Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution.
* Ability to implement plans to control and maintain safety, quality, 5S, cost, and efficiency for assigned areas.
* IOSHH Managing Safely preferable
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.