About The Role
At AO Recycling, we are committed to extracting as much value as possible from the waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) that is thrown away by UK households every year. Like the rest of the AO Group, we are a very exciting and enthusiastic company to work for. The role will be located at our plant in Telford, Shropshire, which uses state of the art technology and is able to process more items, more efficiently than any other site in the UK.
We are growing rapidly and so with that, opportunities to develop and try new approaches become aplenty. If you are an energetic, hands on, innovative professional, this is the environment for you. We are part of a bigger group and with that backing comes stability and support for our business. And it is always worth remembering - we run a profitable business whilst doing the right thing for the environment.
Within the core value of delivering Excellence the Shift Co-Ordinator will be focusing on the Supervisors and Operative employees, to deliver and exceed the agreed KPI’s.
The Shift Co-Ordinator must promote the highest levels of quality and performance whilst driving Health and Safety culture, and employee welfare. With the changing dynamic within the retail sector the operation must be managed in a way that ensure capability to move and flow with the changing patterns of volume, therefore a flexible capability must be at the forefront of the role.
Rotating 4 on 4 off (Nights and days)
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Experience of working with a diversified workforce
- Manage and motivate teams of Production Operators.
- Manage all production KPI’s - Cost, quality, delivery, people and health and safety.
- Manage all HR requirements on shift
- Develop and deploy lean initiatives across the shop floor, leading workshops
- Plan all aspects of production.
- Attend and present at operational meetings.
- Liaise with all operational departments.
- Provide the necessary leadership and support to ensure all problems are resolved swiftly.
- Develop and deploy SOP process (Standard operating procedures)
- Drive a safety culture on shift reporting near misses.
A Few Things About You
- Experienced "hands on" production management background. You will possess the necessary abilities to inspire your teams to achieve their goals and objectives.
- You will have worked in a fast paced, high volume production environment.
- Ideally any experience of working in the FMCG / Automotive or Aerospace sector would be desirable.
- You will be able to implement lean tools and techniques on the shop floor by harnessing the ideas and solutions from a range of team members.
- You will possess solid problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- You must be highly motivated and looking for a role which is fluid and varied
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.