About The Role
Directs Supervisors and other Team Members in assigned processing / Goods-in area in the execution of the company`s responsibilities. Manages (lines, cells, or area) as an operational unit and responsible to accomplish company goals and targets in accordance with all company policies, manufacturing standards for safety, product quality, internal / external customer satisfaction, accuracy, productivity, cost reduction, housekeeping, efficiency, training, teamwork, and morale.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Function as a first-line Manager over supervisors and team members
- Plan and coordinate hiring and placement of team members with his/her manager. Monitor and track staffing conditions, work hours and overtime, job rotation, and absenteeism.
- Understand, execute, and ensure consistent compliance with all company rules, policies, and practices, and takes appropriate corrective action when warranted.
- Responsible for managing and appraising team member job performance and recommending corrective action.
- Develop and maintains positive team member relations centred on mutual trust, dignity, respect, fairness, consistency, two-way communication, teamwork, and harmony.
- Provide direction and motivation to team members emphasising safety, quality, efficiency, productivity, cost reduction, and morale.
- Responsible for leading and maintaining the Mewa / Goods-in and production system of assigned area, accomplishing department goals, and keeping on task with targets and implementation schedule.
- Utilise techniques to standardise current/new processes and methods, reduce process variation, identify waste, and methodically eliminate waste.
- Develop standardised work procedures by designing and/or documenting the best work sequence for each process.
- Direct the work of supervisors and Team Members by assigning/re-assigning work stationing and analyse production requirements based on current work situation.
- Utilise knowledge and skills to maintain the highest level of quality and efficiency possible.
- Troubleshoot daily quality, safety, and production issues.
- Identify potential and current change points and make the required adjustments need to ensure quality, safety, operational availability, production efficiency, and cost control are maintained.
- Evaluate and analyse problems involving machinery and equipment and coordinates with maintenance for repair of machinery.
- Lead continuous improvement activity for assigned area.
- Delivery of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets including safety, quality, operational availability as a method of continuous improvement.
- Maintain, monitor, and update department and KPI board and graphs, daily, and initiate continuous improvement activities.
- Initiate, coordinate, and participate in safety, quality, productivity, and cost improvement projects.
- Lead the implementation of team members’ ideas and suggestions and management directed initiatives.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all team members.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements, and company safety policies and procedures.
- Lead, perform, and/or participate in 5S housekeeping, accident investigation, and safety audits and related activities.
- Maintain knowledge of procedures concerning Hazardous Waste and Spill Response.
- Monitor safety and health of team members to ensure their well-being.
- Train and coach team members to maintain productivity and quality standards, in environmental, safety, quality, job performance, setups, trouble shooting, and continuous improvement.
- Orientate and oversee all training of team members and assign experienced and/or certified trainers to perform new team member training and cross training as needed.
- Maintain training matrix for supervisors and/or team members, assuring training is effective and corrects sub-standard performance.
- Ensure further development of team members through performance evaluation, development of training plans, feedback, coaching, and cascade training.
- Monitor and maintain team member time, attendance, and training records.
- Communicate frequently with internal contacts on various issues.
- Through daily start of shift and communication meetings, keep team members informed on issues relevant to them and encourage two-way communication.
A Few Things About You
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job functions of a leadership role.
- Formal qualifications in English and mathematics (GCSE or equivalent)
- ILM level 3 or equivalent qualification
- Must be able to work a 4 on 4 off rotating shift schedule.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
- Ability to work with multiple departments and prioritise activities.
- Ability to plan, supervise, and perform functions of assigned areas.
- Ability to be flexible in a constantly changing production environment.
- Active listener with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, handle diversity, and provide leadership through problem resolution.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organisation in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt available skills and equipment to respond to unforeseen demands and/or problems.
- Ability to implement plans to control and maintain safety, quality, 5S, cost, and efficiency for assigned areas.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.