About The Role
At AO Recycling, we are committed to extracting as much value as possible from the waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) that is thrown away by UK households every year. Like the rest of the AO Group, we are a very exciting and enthusiastic company to work for. The role will be located at our plant in Telford, Shropshire, which uses state of the art technology and is able to process more items, more efficiently than any other site in the UK.
We are growing rapidly and so with that, opportunities to develop and try new approaches become aplenty. If you are an energetic, hands on, innovative professional, this is the environment for you. We are part of a bigger group and with that backing comes stability and support for our business. And it is always worth remembering - we run a profitable business whilst doing the right thing for the environment.
Within the core value of delivering Excellence the Shift Co-Ordinator will be focusing on the Supervisors and Operative employees, to deliver and exceed the agreed KPI’s.
The Shift Co-Ordinator must promote the highest levels of quality and performance whilst driving Health and Safety culture, and employee welfare. With the changing dynamic within the retail sector the operation must be managed in a way that ensure capability to move and flow with the changing patterns of volume, therefore a flexible capability must be at the forefront of the role.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Assist in managing the fast-paced Recycling Department reporting directly to the Recycling Manager.
Four days on, 2 days off, four noons on, 2 noons off (4:00am-13:00pm and 13:00pm-22:00pm).
Support on building a strong team focused on quality and efficiency in everything they do in a safe and clean working environment by using methodologies and tools like 5S, KAIZEN or other CI Techniques. Focus on the needs of the teams as well as act consistently and with resolve.
Take responsibility for ensuring all activities and personnel within the departments, comply with site Health, Safety and Environmental policies and regulations, working closely with the HSE department, whilst helping to deliver a world class HSE culture. Ensure all activities comply with relevant environmental regulations, permits and licences associated with the site.
Work closely with the Engineering Function and help maintain an effective PPM for the department.
A Few Things About You
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK permanently and without restrictions. Key knowledge and skills for the Shift Co-Ordinator:
* Knowledge of working in a Recycling facility would be desirable
* Demonstrated knowledge of CI techniques, 5S and KAIZEN Projects
* Experience of working in a supervisory role in a fast-paced environment
* Effective contribution to the achievement of our business plan by focusing on key KPI targets, driving accountability and consistently challenging and involving the team to achieve results
* Review stock discrepancies ensuring all products are weighed effectively
* Housekeeping responsibility - ensure all Warehouse areas are improved/maintained
* Carry out appraisals and reviews with direct reports when required in line with our appraisal system
* Monitor and control absence levels within the department
* To improve efficiency across the department, driving out any inefficiencies
* Ensure control of operation’s during and outside normal working hours
* Evidence of the capability to support visible, impactful change
* Acting with confidence, operating well under own direction
* Organising and motivating teams and individuals
* Strong Leadership and People Management skills
* Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships quickly
* A strong tenacious character who is willing to question the status quo
* Strong employee relations skills
* Self-sufficient and proactive
* Good interpersonal skills, confident in your approach
* Pro-active and flexible
* Organised, structured approach to work
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and growing business, building on the current successes already delivered in a short time within the Operations function.
Education and Qualifications
* Minimum 5 years’ operational experience with at least 3 years at Supervisory level
* Level 3 ILM level education (or equivalent, could be through apprenticeship or other pathway) is a must.
* WAMITAB preferable but not essential
* IOSH Qualified
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.