About The Role
AO Recycling is looking for a Dynamic Senior SHEQ Co Ordinator to help lead and continuously improve the health, safety and Environmental standards at our multiple recycling sites.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Duties to include but not exclusive to the role -
Ensuring the continued compliance to our many accreditations and certifications.
We are looking for a candidate to promote and engage with contractors and employees at all levels to comply with the requirements of legislation, AO Recycling Policies and strive to continuously improve the culture.
To build on our current management systems to have a robust audit process implemented.
Develop and implement a Business aligned strategy that supports the business strategy.
Improve our standards in Health, Safety, Environment making sure agreed key health safety and environmental objectives are delivered on time
This position Interfaces with many levels of the business and external regulators such as the MD, Senior Leadership Team, Department Managers, employees, Environment Agency, HSE, Insurance brokers.
The candidate will need to help coordinate the team in the completion of the day to day running of compliance of the sites; investigation of incidents, accidents and near misses. Audit and management of risk, creation and distribution of KPIs
A Few Things About You
· Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent with 5+ years site HS&E Management experience
· Member of IOSH.
· Must be proactive solutions driven and be able to clearly demonstrate a track record of achievement in rapidly changing fast paced process type environment.
· Have experience of ISO OSHAS 45001 / Quality Management / ISO 9001, or Environmental Management / ISO 14001
· Honest and approachable.
· High level of attention to detail.
· Able to work with the Management Team to embed a safety quality and compliance focussed culture within a complex workplace
· Good knowledge of Health, safety and environmental legislation
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.