About The Role
We’re about to launch our new Creative Hub in London in a stunning space with state of the art
production facilities, to compliment our established production teams in Manchester.
It’s going to be a mix of creatives, producers and makers with the mission of raising the bar
creatively across our content output. Output will be varied and we’ll be working collaboratively with our suppliers in our innovation space to develop brilliant content ideas.
We’re looking for a highly creative senior Videographer and Content Creator to play a key role in this exciting new venture. You’ll be responsible for helping to shape the output of the London Creative Hub.
You’ll have a real passion for all things film, extensive knowledge of all aspects of video production, especially social content, with a show stopping showreel. Ideally you’ll also have experience across other forms of content production such as stills. We need someone with a hands-on approach and excellent communication skills who takes responsibility in their stride, with a proven track record in delivering great creative work consistently
Working for the Executive Producer and alongside the Creative Director, you’ll play a key
role in helping to shape the look and creative direction of our output. You’ll also work very closely with the creative and production teams both in London, as well as our teams in Manchester.
You’ll need the skills and passion to creatively make content that tells an engaging story, as well as being able to develop a concept into a finished piece of content.
Whilst you’ll be happy executing a tight brief, you’ll also enjoy running with a loose idea and honing it into something great. You’ll need lots of energy, loads of creative ideas and the technical skills to match.
This is a key hire for us and you’ll be joining the company at a very exciting time as we grow our
creative capability, evolve our brand and expand Internationally.
We’re open to where you may come from. You could be someone from an agency, production company or in-house.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Shooting, directing and making great looking video content.
- Shooting both in our studio and on location, video and ideally stills when required.
- Collaborating closely with our suppliers, to develop ideas, scripts and final treatments.
- Working closely with our creative, production, trading and marketing teams.
- Presenting and pitching ideas and treatments.
- Working both individually and as part of a wider team, depending on the scope of a project and creative need.
- Helping to run our studio, ensuring it’s set up for success and able to deliver a flexible mix of content.
- Proactively experimenting with different directions and ideas as a project develops.
- Attending briefs and creative sessions as required to add value to the process.
- Creation of creative and treatment decks.
- Helping to sense check feasibility and budget implications of concepts.
- Video editing and motion graphics, including delivering audio to final edits.
- Editing and retouching of still images.
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Mentoring, developing and inspiring the team.
- Owning and developing the processes across the studio to develop best practice ways of working.
- Learning new skills and staying abreast of technological advances and developments within the production and film landscape.
- Cultivating and developing a "Black Book" of creative talent to help us grow the team, both permanent and freelance.
- Inspiring, influencing, protecting and delivering creative work we can all be proud of.
A Few Things About You
- An experienced and passionate film maker who is creatively driven.
- Experience of shooting, directing and editing.
- Extensive knowledge of video and film production techniques and kit.
- You’ll have a standout show reel.
- Extensive experience in social and online formats and production.
- Excellent working knowledge of camera, sound and lighting equipment.
- A passion for creating engaging, relevant and dynamic content, with great craft skills.
- Able to tell a story creatively through film, with an expert knowledge of the storytelling process.
- Happy working to a tight brief, or running with a loose idea and honing it into a great piece of final content.
- Proven experience of developing a concept, or taking an existing one and bringing it to life creatively.
- Copywriting skills would be a bonus
- Experience of live events and broadcasts would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, along with other Creative Suite applications
- Ability to constantly deliver high quality work, sometimes within a challenging budget.
- Ideally have experience of stills and basic sound recording .
- Experience of working in a fast paced creatively led environment.
- Able to conceptualise briefs and collaborate with other team members.
- Take short deadlines and last minute changes of direction in your stride.
- You are a driven self-starter with excellent interpersonal, communication and critical thinking skills.
- You are comfortable with and thrive in dynamic situations.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.