About The Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior UX Researcher to join the UX Research & Optimisation Team, to help AO better understand our customers, enabling us to create best in class onsite experiences.
As a team, it’s our role to understand our customers like no one else. We identify customer problems in early discovery and shape and refine designs in the product development process. In this role, we are looking for someone with experience to conduct this valuable research, support others in the team with their knowledge and champion the work we do throughout the business.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Gathering insights to support the early discovery phase of projects, by identifying customer problems.
- Researching and testing designs and prototypes with customers to shape and refine our product roadmap.
- Identifying a range of techniques and methodologies, qualitative and quantitative, that would best suit the problem you are trying to solve.
- Managing the end to end process from gathering requirements, creating the brief, any recruitment required, conducting the research, analysing the insights through to sharing the final insights with relevant teams.
- Working with a wide range of teams with different requirements.
- Bringing together multiple sources of insights from across the business and utilising them to tell the full story.
- Mentoring other members of the team and AO colleagues on best ways to approach research & how to use insights. Upskilling colleagues on how to use our research tools.
- Championing the use of customer insights within the decision making process and educating stakeholders on the benefits and value of doing so.
- Creation of a communication strategy to engage stakeholders and share our learnings with the business.
- Leading and facilitating workshops and being an influential voice of the customer in these sessions.
- Using innovative and creative thinking as to how to best approach a task and thinking outside of the box.
- Driving forward other operational projects that will help to improve our processes, ways of working and toolkit.
A Few Things About You
- Experience working in a similar role, both conducting research and advising on the best practice approach.
- Strong communicator, someone that is equally as comfortable working with our customers as they are presenting to a wide audience of colleagues.
- Experience working with multiple teams, particularly UX Design, Product Teams, Optimisation, Web Analysts and other Insights teams.
- Confidence and experience using research and insight tools and ability to champion new tools that haven’t been used before.
- Creative thinker, ready to think up innovative ways of approaching tasks and problems.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.