About The Role
Based at our head office, you’ll own the design and customer experience for our product page, helping customers find and choose the right product for their needs. Working collaboratively as part of a cross-functional squad you’ll help set the example of what product design is at ao.com. As a senior designer, you’ll be hands on at each stage of our UX process and a portion of your time will be to help deliver our team objectives within the DesignOps framework. You’ll also collaborate with the wider design team to maintain design consistency across ao.com.
You’ll work in an environment where challenging the status quo is the norm and be part of a team that welcomes challenge, relentlessly striving to create a world-class customer experience.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Solving customer problems through an insights led lean UX process
- Clearly articulating your design rationale to stakeholders and squads across the business
- Being a voice of UX and driving the UX teams objectives
- Facilitating and driving collaboration with UX, Dev, Research and the wider business
- Working with analytics, optimisation and research to validate your hypothesis
- Onboarding teams across the business onto the design system and driving a design community
A Few Things About You
Drive and execute UX and UI design with a portfolio that shows your design thinking
Facilitating workshops and running design sprints
Ability to collaborate with development, PO’s, research and the wider business
Clear and passionate communication
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.