About The Role
At AO the customer lies at the heart of everything we do, and you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver a great online customer experience.
As the Senior Trade Marketing Manager, you’ll contribute AO’s unique way of managing Marketing relationships with manufacturer partners. You’ll play a critical role in the development of an ‘always on’ customer lifecycle approach to the customer journey and supporting the company’s overarching trade objectives.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- You’ll work closely with the Head of Trade Marketing & Promotions for Consumer Electronics, to shape compelling marketing initiatives for suppliers
- Work closely with our partner’s Senior Marketing and Commercial contacts to; maintain and grow relationships and help deliver profitable revenue growth
- Define shared marketing objectives with partners and oversee the delivery of bespoke programmes of activity
- Work collaboratively with the Purchasing and Promotion teams to achieve category and key brand growth targets and be on the constant look-out for new revenue-generating opportunities with our partners
- Develop partner marketing strategies aligned to category growth plans, engaging with the wider business to communicate key initiatives
- Attend meetings and pitch as required, to offer insight and expertise and to ensure partners have a point of continuity throughout their relationship with AO
- Manage the Trade Marketing budget for the categories, measuring and reporting on the performance against marketing plans
- Leverage commercial data, web analytics and customer insight to identify areas of opportunity and trends within customers’ onsite and purchasing behaviours. In response, help develop strategies that improve sales and repeat purchase ratios at a product, category and brand level
A Few Things About You
- eCommerce and / or Digital Marketing experience, preferably within retail
- Team management experience
- Confident managing multiple senior stakeholders and building relationships at all levels
- Strong commercial acumen, understanding of customer insights and sales data & evaluating ROI of promotions & campaigns
- Highly experienced / capable across all aspects of marketing, including;
Strategy & Planning, Activation & Delivery and Integrated Communications
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
As an AOer, you’ll have access to tonnes of benefits, put together to cover the moments that matter to you. Further details are available on our benefits page;
- Our Value Creation Plan; We've created a unique long term bonus plan for every AOer to share in our success, giving you the opportunity of an exceptional reward in return for exceptional business performance.
- Holidays; 25 days, plus bank holidays (increasing to 27 days after 2 years with us!)
- Pension; Contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same, giving you a little extra support for the future.
- Be VIP at the AO Arena; we have loads of opportunities to win free tickets and pre-sale access!
- Health & wellbeing; discounted gym membership, an onsite spa and our Help @ Hand scheme giving you access to virtual GP’s, Mental Health support and much more.
- Discounts; exclusive discounts across our product range.
- Family leave; Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave.
- Making a difference; 2 fully paid days a year to donate your time to any charity of your choice.
- On site perks; start your day with free on site parking, grabbing a complimentary breakfast and a coffee at our subsidised Starbucks!