About The Role
We’re looking for a Technical Applications Manager to oversee and maintain a variety of technical systems and act as the right-hand man (or woman!) to our Head of Enterprise Services. You’ll have sight of all our enterprise apps and our ERP, supporting major upgrades and incidents and guiding the rest of our team to success.
We’ll look to you to use your specialist knowledge to provide in-depth technical support and work with both our internal teams and external partners to analysing technical problems and find the best solutions.
We’re on a journey to transform the way we work at AO. We’re investing £1 million into upgrading our ERP from Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365, bringing the power, speed, and intelligence of cloud computing into our organisation. As our Technical Applications Manager, not only will you have exposure to the latest and best ERP technology, but you’ll also have unrivalled career growth and the ability to shape the future of D365 at AO.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Provide guidance and technical support to our internal teams
- Liaise with specialist contractors and suppliers
- Roll your sleeves up and get hands-on in analysing technical problems across multiple systems
- Implement changes and new systems or programs within the team
- Configure, maintain, and develop continuous integration
- Build tools, processes, and infrastructure for multiple environments in the cloud
- Collaborate with other teams to develop our standards, processes, and best practices for our enterprise services
- Investigate, diagnose, and resolve technical incidents and system problems in line with any deadlines and SLAs
A Few Things About You
- Experience supporting multiple systems and applications
- Understanding of infrastructure from either a Cloud/SQL/Dynamics 365 or Windows perspective
- Experience in working with release management tools
- Experience working within a Support/System Admin or DevOps and Agile workspace ideally with Microsoft solutions
Whilst we need you to have the above, it would be an extra bonus if you had…
- Experience with ITIL
- Experience with automated deployment techniques and continuous integration tools (e.g. VSTS, Jenkins, Git, Subversion)
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- £200 annual attendance bonus
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.