About The Role
Reporting to the Director of Brand, you will be responsible for the social strategy across AO Retail. You will grow and engage followers across all our AO social platforms through storytelling of our AO social pillars.
Working alongside the wider team and social agencies, you will define the strategy for AO, ensuring we are leading the way in this space. You will be equally creative and analytical, using a test-and-learn approach to identify and refine best performing tactics. You will need a hands-on attitude, as you will be getting stuck-in on a wide range of projects.
You’ll sit as part of the brand marketing team, which includes Aperol loving Social Media Manager, Jade and tea-loving Senior Marketing Manager, Shaun.
You should have a passion and confidence to gain buy-in from senior stakeholders to ensure social remains a key and active channel across the marketing mix.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· Guardian for the AO brand across all social channels
· Lead of social media strategy, ensuring it is aligned to our business priorities, brand purpose and rooted in customer and market insight
· Be the champion of ‘new’ on social, continuously testing and learning as well as implementing innovative technologies and channels (TikTok Shopping, Be Real, etc.)
· Manage all social and influencer agencies, ensuring they deliver against KPIS and deadlines
· Work closely with our Brand Managers to maintain and update our social TOV document
· Work closely with our Sponsorship Manager to support our locally famous strategy across the AO Arena, Sale Sharks, and Manchester Thunder.
A Few Things About You
· Previous experience within a senior social media role
· Previous experience in significantly growing engaged social communities with the confidence and knowledge to take ownership for strategy.
· Consistent record of accomplishment in delivering campaigns that meet or exceed the agreed KPIs, ideally with a background in retail.
· A strategic thinker who can see the bigger picture, as well as being on top of the day-to-day detail.
· A creative and innovative thinker, always on top of trends and the ‘next big thing’ and not afraid to just grab a camera and go!
· Analytical and results driven, constantly looking for opportunities to improve performance.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.