A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
As a Senior SEO Executive you’ll be a key contributor to AO’s overall business success, working with talented people across the company to build our organic search presence.
Working with the SEO manager in an expanding team, you’ll help us be the best in-house SEO team in the North, optimising websites, directing Search campaigns and leading ideas to ensure we dominate organic search results.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Analysing AO’s organic search market and developing plans to increase visits to our websites.
- Leading initiatives to change our websites to achieve increases in visibility and rankings.
- Guiding content and technical teams to take advantages of SEO opportunities.
- Reviewing the resulting outcomes and recommending further changes.
- Keeping AO at the forefront of organic search trends.
- Measuring performance against KPI’s
A Few Things About You
- A belief that analysis is at the core of all we do.
- Positive, hardworking and a real ‘can-do’ attitude
- Hands on experience of SEO tools such as Google Search Console, crawling tools like Screaming Frog and AH refs.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and handle projects of varying priority levels.
- The ability to communicate at all levels and with different parts of the business.
- Microsoft Excel to a reasonable standard (advanced training can be provided)
- An interest in digital marketing, a willingness to learn and a curiosity for the possible.
- German language skills an advantage.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.