About The Role
You'll work closely with our Estates, IT Services & 3rd party teams to own, shape, maintain and deliver the right stuff as quickly as possible.
Ensuring visibility of where projects are up to, how (and when) they are being implemented, and how we are measuring success.
You'll also help establish project priorities, and alignment of your Project Management team onto the right initiatives at the right time.
We'll help you understand the key functions and processes of the areas your projects are impacting, and how that business area contributes to a top-notch customer experience.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You'll help maintain direction and delivery of Estates and IT Services Projects including backlogs and prioritisation.
You'll work collaboratively with our cross functional teams (in-house / 3rd party.)
Ensuring that teams understand requirements and their associated benefits.
We'll look to you to provide a clear vision and direction of the delivery of the Portfolio, including project / programme board review meetings to check progress and agree direction.
A Few Things About You
- Experience operating as a Senior Project or Programme Manager, across a range of complex and interconnected initiatives.
- Worked with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Good knowledge of construction Health & Safety legislation and the ability to translate this into improved site standards. (Multiple territories)
- Experience in line management and the passion to motivate, develop and coach
- Strong communicator and not afraid to have difficult conversations.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines, TVs, everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. We treat every customer like they’re our gran and make decisions our mum’s would be proud of.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward. We strive to build teams that reflect our wide and diverse customer base. By nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters, diversity will help us find a better way.
Flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm. It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. We trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little wins.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
· Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
· You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
· 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
· At least 5% contribution pension scheme
· Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance